with this Newsflash we are very pleased to announce the call for participants in the German-Ukrainian Forum of Young Researchers, organized by the University of Tübingen in cooperation with the German-Ukrainian Academic Society and supported by the DAAD from the means of the German Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
Deadline for applications: Monday, 23rd of October 2017
This event will consist of two parts (see the tentative program attached):
Part I: an exploratory and networking tour, visiting some of the leading Ukrainian Universities and research institutes (Kyiv and Lviv/Kharkiv, 8-13 December 2017)
Part II: an intensive grant-writing and coaching workshop in Berlin, Germany (9-10 February 2018) for those participants of the first part of the Forum, who could demonstrate a high potential in developing bilateral collaborative projects with researchers from the partner country. Furthermore, up to 10 Ukrainian researchers selected to participate in the Part II of the event will have an opportunity for a short (a few days) visit to the (potential) partner laboratory/ group in Germany, ahead of the workshop.
- PhD-level researchers (postdoctoral scholars and junior research group leaders/ associate professors) from Germany and Ukraine, who either already have or are interested to develop collaborative links with researchers in the partner country, are invited to apply.
- Candidates from any field of research are welcome to apply. Researchers from the fields of Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences, Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Sociology, Media Sciences, Law, History, Archeology, Ukrainian Language and Literature are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Deadline for applications: Monday, 23rd of October 2017
- Exploratory visit and networking tour (Kyiv and either Lviv or Kharkiv): 8-13 December 2017
- Grant writing and coaching workshop (Berlin): 9-10 February 2018
To apply, please send your CV with names of two referees, list of publications (highlighting up to 5 most important ones), and a motivation letter (1-page max), including a brief description of your existing collaborative links to the partner country (Germany or Ukraine) or why are you interested in participating in the Forum. Please send a single pdf-file per e-mail to the project coordinator Dr Nataliia Sinkevych at admin (at) ukrainet.eu.
Please spread the word among your colleagues, who might also be interested to apply!