CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
30 JUNE 2018
The Regional Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratization the Caucasus is established with the financial support of the European Union. It is a part of the Global Campus for Master’s Programmes and Diplomas in Human rights and democratisation around the world. The MA is implemented in cooperation with the European Inter-University Center (Venice), and in partnership with leading universities of Armenia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Georgia
The Regional Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratization is an interdisciplinary programme (with legal, political and multidisciplinary components), with duration of 1 year (60 ECTS). It is implemented by Yerevan State University (home university), Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (host university), Belarusian State University (host university), and Tbilisi State University (host university). The official languages of the Programme are English and Russian.
The Academic curriculum is split into three parts:
- I Term - September –December – It is implemented at the Centre for European Studies of by Yerevan State University,
- II Term – February - May – Mobility term which can take place at one of partner universities (students are to choose a partner university based on their educational background, research and/or professional interests)
- III Term – June –October – Internship/Thesis term
Module specialization for Mobility Term
- Political module - Belarusian State University.
- Legal Module - Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- Interdisciplinary - Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
Internship & Master Thesis
During second semester students will start working on their thesis and finalise it during June-September; the same period will be also devoted to 4-week internship at a local, regionl or international organisation which deals with human rights and democrtisation.
Diploma & Certificate
At the end of the Programme students will be awarded with Yerevan State University Diploma granting Master's Degree in European Studies with specialization in Human Rights and Democratization. Additionally to Diploma graduates will be awarded with Official Certificate signed by all Partner Universities.
The Programme shall start on September 2018 and finish October 2019.
The Enrollment shall be undertaken in 3 stages:
- Stage 1- Submission of Application and Required Documents
- Stage 2- Notification of shortlisted applicants and Interviews
- Stage 3- Official Invitation
a. Admission Requirements
The Human Rights and Democratization programme is open to all interested applicants who hold bachelor’s Degree or a Degree equivalent to Bachelor’s. The applicant shall also be fluent in English and Russian, have professional and/or research interest in human rights and democratization issues. Academic and/or professional experience in above mentioned fields is an asset.
b. Application Package:
The Application for the programme will be submitted online. Alongside with the Application form, prospective students are required to submit the following documents
- A full Curriculum Vita (Europass CV available at: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/EuropassCV/CVEx amples.csp),
- Two motivation letters (1000-1500 characters) both in English and Russian where the first one reflects motivation to study, and the second one describes applicant's need for full or partial scholorship
- Essay (1500-2000 words) on Human Rights and Democratization related topics (please consult the website for more detailed information concerning the essay topics and requirements)
- Contact details for two nominees to provide Reference Letters (one from academia, and one from a current or former employer, if the applicant has work experience)
- Scanned University Diploma or Diplomas
- Academic Transcripts
Additionally, those who have taken English language proficiency tests can include their Certificates
- English Proficiency Test Score- TOEFL (PBT 525- 600, IBT 80-100) or IELTS (6.0-7.0)
c. How to apply
The applicant should:
- Fill in an the online application form, Parts A and B;
- Fill in Part C uploading CV, Motivation Letters, Essay, contact details of 2 people who can provide reference letters, scanned university diploma/diplomas, university transcripts and English Language Proficiency Test Score (Optional). In case if applicant hasn’t yet received the diploma, an official letter from the department can be attached, stating that the applicant has successfully completed BA level and attach transcript.
Application submission period is from May 15 to June 30, 2018. The period for evaluation of applications and interviews is from July 2 to July 25, 2018. Admitted students will receive their official letters of invitation by August 15, 2018.
We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
Coordination Board will evaluate the applications based on the following Criteria:
- Academic merit (Educational background, CV)
- Motivation: Interest in human rights and democratization issues
- Provided written paper
- Commitment to idea of voluntarism and social involvement
- Experience in relevant fields.
The programme foresees full scholarships for up to 25 students from target countries for academic years 2018-2019. The Scholarship covers tuition fee, travel and living expenses. The priority will be given to non-resident students.
More information can be provided upon request.
For additional information please consult with the website: www.regionalmaster.net or contact us:
Center for European Studies Yerevan State University
1 A. Manoogian, Yerevan 0025 Armenia
Tel.: +374-10 550810