Call for applications for
Regional Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratization in
Armenia, Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova 2012/2014
The Regional Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratization is established with the financial support of the European Union. The Regional Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratization is an interdisciplinary programme (with legal, political and multidisciplinary components), with duration of two years (4 terms), which is implemented by Yerevan State University, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Belarusian State University, University of Political and Economical European Studies in Moldova. The official languages of the Programme are English and Russian.
The first 2 terms of the programme shall be run by Yerevan State University, while Third term implies mobility: students are to choose a partner university based on their educational background, research and/or professional interests.
- The Political module will be covered by Belarusian State University
- The Legal Module shall be covered by Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- The Interdisciplinary Module shall be covered by University of Political and Economical European Studies in Moldova
Internship & Master Thesis
Fourth semester is devoted to internship and Master Thesis completion. The Master Programme is guided by Bologna Standards, including student assessment, i.e., ECTS is implied. For the whole course of study the programme awards 120 ECTS.
Diploma & Certificate
At the end of the Programme students will be awarded with Yerevan State University Diploma granting Master's Degree in European Studies with specialization in Human Rights and Democratization. Additionally to Diploma graduates will be awarded with Official Certificate signed by all Partner Universities.
The Programme shall start September 2012 and finish June 2014.
The Enrollment shall be undertaken in 3 stages:
- Stage 1- Submission of Application and Required Documents
- Stage 2- Notification of shortlisted applicants and Interviews "This project is funded by the European Union"
- Stage 3- Official Invitation
a. Admission Requirements
The Human Rights and Democratization programme is open to all interested applicants who hold bachelor’s Degree or a Degree equivalent to Bachelor’s. The applicant shall also be fluent in English and Russian, have professional and/or research interest in human rights and democratization issues. Academic and/or professional experience in abovementioned fields is an asset.
b. Application Package:
The Application for the programme will be submitted online. Alongside with the Application form, prospective students are required to submit the following documents
- Completed Application Form (online, available at: http://www.regionalmaster.net)
- A full Curriculum Vita (Europass CV available at: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ europass/home/hornav/Downloads/EuropassCV/CVExamples.csp)
- Motivation Letters (1500-2000 characters) both in English and Russian
- Essay (1500-2000 words) on Human Rights and Democratization related topics (please consult the website for more detailed information concerning the essay topics and requirements)
- Contact details for two nominees to provide Reference Letters (one from academia, and one from a current or former employer, if the applicant has work experience)
- Scanned University Diploma or Diplomas
- Academic Transcripts
Additionally, those who have taken English language proficiency tests can include their Certificates
- English Proficiency Test Score - TOEFL (PBT 513-547; IBT 65-80) or IELTS (5.5-6)
c. How to apply
The applicant should:
- Fill in an the online application form, Parts A and B;
- Fill in Part C uploading CV, Motivation Letters, Essay, 2 reference letters, scanned university diploma/diplomas, university transcripts and English Language Proficiency Test Score (Optional)
Application submission period is from May 1 to June 30, 2012. The period for evaluation of applications and essays is from July 1 to July 15, 2012. Admitted students will receive their official letters of invitation by August 15, 2012.
We encourage all applicants to apply as early as possible.
Coordination Board will evaluate the applications based on the following Criteria:
- Academic merit (Educational background, CV)
- Motivation: Interest in human rights and democratization issues
- Provided written paper
- Commitment to idea of voluntarism and social involvement
- Experience in relevant fields.
The programme does not foresee tuition fee for the Regional Master's Programme in Human Rights and Democratization for academic years 2012-2014, as it is financed by the European Union. As an incentive for students the Programme will provide certain number of scholarships covering travel costs and monthly stipend up to Euro 250 for living expenses and accommodation. The priority will be given to non-resident students.
For additional information please consult with the website:
http://www.regionalmaster.net or contact us:
Center for European Studies
Yerevan State University
1 A.Manoogian, Yerevan 0025 Armenia